Sunday, February 24, 2013

Journey to Venezuela

My Journey to Venezuela Begins

As I prepare for my journey to Venezuela today, I am struck by excitement, anticipation, joy, and inquiry.  So far, I’ve spent months just thinking about el Sistema- personal questions, philosophies, and just “how does this work?”  I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to go learn, discover, and be immersed in the rich musical culture of el Sistema.  I’ve been delving over personal questions such as; teaching practices, pedagogies, choral excellence, and of course, the amazing programs for children with special needs!  Over the next few weeks, please join me in my journey throughout Venezuela as I begin to witness firsthand this program that has changed thousands of children and families and also the communities and country of Venezuela.  I look forward to sharing this part of my fellowship with you.  Lots more to come from Venezuela!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment